Sunday, January 21, 2007,9:22 PM
Pantry Challenge Days 4 & 5
So it's the weekend - our crazy time and this weekend was even crazier because it's Emma's second birthday (see separate post). Mike's parents came into town and we threw a birthday party for 30 people. So as per my aforementioned rulebreaking, I went to the store. But I did my best to serve stuff we already had. I had lots of pasta, chicken, sauce and cheese - so I decided we would have Parmesan chicken (it helps that Emma loves both chicken and pasta). And with all the juice, pop, wine and beer in the house we were set on drinks. I went to the store and got some salad, cake and ice cream. It was weird, I felt guilty. Now that I'm in the mood of eating what we have, buying stuff was just strange. And we ended up eating a couple of meals out, so the weekend was crazy...

Saturday

Breakfast

Out with Mike's parents

Snack
Emma - cereal bar and milk

Dinner - Emma's Party
Parmesan Chicken, Noodles, Salad
Cake and Ice Cream

Sunday

Breakfast

Coffee and oatmeal
snacks at church

Lunch
Out with church friends to the Chinese buffet

Snack
leftover cake and ice cream

Dinner
Mike - leftover potroast
Julie and Emma - leftover Parmesan chicken and noodles

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 9:22 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 1/22/2007 09:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    This strikes home this morning because while the game was on last night I cleaned out the fridge, and threw away so many food items that just sat there and got rotten. It was ridiculous. Not only did that represent a waste of money, but it seesm like a sin. I will be interested on how long you can go. Well done.

     
  • At 1/22/2007 11:40:00 AM, Blogger i am not

    I'm very intrigued by your pantry challenge and am contemplating doing one of my own...

    Came across a website that you might find useful in the later days of your challenge:

    http://www.cookingbynumbers.com/frames.html

     
  • At 1/22/2007 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    thanks for the link, I'll look into it.

    Kent - I do that so often, so much just goes to waste. I need to be more deliberate all the time about eating what I have. I'm hoping this will get me more in the mode of doing that.

     
--------------