Friday, January 19, 2007,11:16 PM
Pantry Challenge Day 3
So here are the pictures of my fridge and pantry. Scary right. So much of it is 90% finished jars of whatever left at my house after some church function. I don't want to waste it, but so often I do just that. I don't make the point of eating what I have and only what I have. The elements of creativity and health come into play. But eating healthy is a privilege of the "rich." It is a lot cheaper to buy food that is low in nutritional value and is full of preservatives and other unhealthy substances like trans fat. It is sad that taking care of one's body and making it a truly "holy temple" is something only an elite group of people is allowed to do. I know that there are answers and programs in place to help end that imbalance, but its just a lot easier to not put forth the effort.

Which brings me to day three of this challenge. No issues yet although I have started running out of a few things.

Breakfast
Mike - egg and toast
Julie - coffee
Emma - milk and oatmeal with a banana

Lunch
Mike and Emma - leftover pasta
Julie - leftover chicken, asparagus and rice

Dinner
Pot roast with potatoes and carrots
Cheddar biscuits (that's the end of the cheddar cheese and the Bisquick)
Wine

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 11:16 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:


--------------