So I've been tagged
This one was actually started by John Smulo
and is called 5 Things I Dig About Jesus. Here's how it works:
1. Those tagged will share 5 Things They Dig About Jesus.
2. Those tagged will tag 5 people.
3. Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comments section of this post
Fun stuff. My first reaction though was the very evangelical - aren't we supposed to like everything about Jesus? Anyway, here are 5 things that I find really spiffy.
- Jesus was all about relationships and stories over lectures and arguments. I've sat through enough pointless sermons amongst the braindead sanctuary crowd to know that I greatly prefer Jesus' approach.
- Jesus accepted women as his students and supporters. Gives me hope that one day his followers might actually do the same.
- Jesus questioned God and worked through his questioning instead of ignoring or suppressing it.
- Jesus wasn't afraid to promote the Biblical values of peace, justice, and love even in the face of Empire
- Jesus gave everyone a chance. He accepted those who were not just like him (or the cultural moral majority) and called them his followers.
My choices are of course influenced by my cultural and historical perspective, but its still hope for today. Now I tag -
Labels: Blog Stuff, Fun Stuff