Tuesday, July 03, 2007,9:00 AM
New Toys
So I feel like I need to follow the crowds and post about the iPhone. Am I one of the half a million people who bought one over the weekend? No. Will I ever get one? Most likely not. I'm not a cutting edge of technology kind of person. If I'm trendy its mostly by accident and generally a mistake (I'm typing this on a pc running Vista, 'nuff said). Sure, I think its cool and might be fun, but to spend that much money on a phone??? Maybe I'll get one 15 years from now when its the free phone they give away with a new plan. Maybe. I said that 10 years ago when pda's were first getting popular - I'll get one when the price goes down. But then I just wanted one because it would be like having a tricorder. (which is still kinda the appeal of the iphone...)

So no iPhone here. Honestly at this point I'm just trying to get a working phone at all. Apparently since my phone is so new (I've had it a year) I can't get a new phone without paying the full amount. The guy at the Sprint store actually laughed at me when I showed him my cell phone from hell. "Oh you have that phone. I've heard about that phone." Apparently my phone is the worst rated phone they have ever carried. And I'm stuck with it because I'm too cheap to get one that say actually works (so even considering the iphone is out). So that's to say if I never answer your calls or return your voicemails that is because my phone refuses to stay on and averages about 3 days to post voicemails.

So there's my totally pointless rate for the day. Just thought I'd share it with everyone.



Tags:

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 9:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 7/03/2007 01:42:00 PM, Blogger Erin

    LOL the tricorder. One of these days.

    I have a Treo and I love it and I can't see what all the iPhone hubub is about. I guess if I actually read the specs and learned about it I might see the light. But I haven't really paid much attention because Lord knows I need one more thing to covet like I need a hole in the head.

     
  • At 7/04/2007 07:32:00 AM, Blogger Drew Costen

    For me a good quality cell phone is important since I don't have a regular land-line. I'd love an iPhone, but they're not for sale up here in Canada yet. I'd probably wait for the second generation iPhone to come out in a year or so first before buying one anyway, so it's okay.

     
  • At 7/04/2007 09:28:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    We don't have a land line either, but so far have just bought whatever is the cheapest phones we can get which is proving to be a big mistake.

     
--------------