Saturday, June 30, 2007,9:05 PM
Books
So I mentioned in my last post about wondering what I will be reading next. Then I saw this fun meme with a blanket tag over at Emerging Grace and Calacirian and decided to play. The point is to list 7 of the books I'm reading now (because you can tell about someone by the books they're reading). Well, I technically haven't started any of these, but they are what will be read very very soon.

1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. For the Emerging Women book club July discussion.

2. The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. For our church's Vision Team meeting this Thursday. I guess I should start it soon...

3. Chasing Sophia by Lilian Calles Barger. It's been recommended by a few people (including the author) as something I might like, so I'll give it a go.

4. Justice in the Burbs by Will and Lisa Samson. I've been looking forward to this book for awhile and we just got an advance copy. There are days when living "justly" in the suburbs seems near impossible, so I'm interested in hearing their take on how it might be done.

And for the sci-fi fantasy...

5. Blade of Fortriu and The Well of Shades by Juliet Marillier. Books 2 and 3 in the Bridei Chronicles, an historical fantasy series that focuses on the Picts.

6. Exile by Aaron Allston and Sacrifice by Karen Traviss. Books 4 and 5 in the Star Wars: Legacy of the Force series. I've been trying to avoid reading spoilers about the fate of Mara Jade in book 5...

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. Just three more weeks, just three more weeks...


And to continue the meme - if you read this and want to play, consider yourself tagged. Just let me know you played!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Julie at 9:05 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


--------------