Friday, March 30, 2007,3:11 PM
Faith like a Child
I love praying with Emma. Granted, she is still grasping the whole concept of God, but she seems to understand that God takes care of things and that we say "thank you" to God. When we pray (or sing songs like "He's Got the Whole World in his Hands"), we get to go through the list of everything Emma can think of to pray for. We thank God for and ask God to care for mommy, daddy, her friends, her animals, her toys, her car, her house, the birds... (you get the picture). She also has to pray for her favorite TV characters - Elmo, Dora, and Swiper. Yes, Swiper. (for those of you unfamiliar with the world of Dora the Explorer, Swiper is a fox that swipes stuff. The bad guy.) So Emma prays that God will take care of Swiper. I love that. She doesn't pray that God will change Swiper, make him repent of his swipiness, and make him a moral fox. She just prays that God will take care of Swiper. That's the grace and love I wish I had. Where I could truly love my enemies no matter what. Where I had no problem with God loving them either. Where I didn't insist on God's love and blessing for just for myself or grudgingly extend it to others when they become like me. Where I loved because that is what I am called to do.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Julie at 3:11 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:


--------------