Monday, February 26, 2007,10:21 AM
My crazy weekend...
So I'm a bit in la-la land at the moment. Lots of pain and lots of drugs for that pain. Friday night I was reading to Emma on the couch, somehow she managed to flop/jump onto my left side. It took my breath away and I was sore after that. Well the pain got worse. Intense pain in my side and back - I couldn't move well or do much besides lay on the couch. By Sunday I was dizzy and nauseous as well, so my doctor told me to go to the ER. So we braved the snow and I got to spend the afternoon at the hospital getting tests run, getting a CAT Scan, and getting dosed with morphine. Apparently to find out that I have some sort of internal trauma (duh). As far as they could tell (the metal rod in my back obscured the CAT scan a bit), there is no internal bleeding. So at this point it's a waiting game. I'll either start feeling better soon or will develop serious symptoms. Fun times. So I'm back on the couch full of painkillers. Never really thought having a toddler would be like a contact sport, but crazy things do happen. Just thought I'd take the opportunity to complain to the world.

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 10:21 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


5 Comments:


  • At 2/26/2007 12:18:00 PM, Blogger Aaron

    Hi Julie,

    Thanks for commenting over at my site Faithfully Liberal. I appreciate it a lot. Please feel free to join in the community of dialouge at the site.

    Your health will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you get feeling better.

     
  • At 2/26/2007 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Miz Melly

    Poor you! That's awful! Hope you get well soon. Take care of yourself and repeat to your daughter this mantra,"Mummy is not a bouncy castle, Mummy is not a bouncy castle..."

     
  • At 2/26/2007 04:42:00 PM, Blogger Helen

    Julie, wow, I'm sorry to hear about your weekend. I hope you do start feeling better soon.

     
  • At 2/27/2007 05:04:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    Hope you feel better soon.

    If Emma grows up to play a contact sport like football, you should tell her coach and team mates this story. :D

     
  • At 3/05/2007 03:30:00 AM, Blogger Portrait of Peter

    The innocence of children - can be the painful reminder of one's pain.

    I do hope you are much improved.

    A really wonderfu blog and thank you for sharing.

    Take Care

     
--------------