Tuesday, February 06, 2007,11:01 PM
Ancient Near East History
So I mentioned the other day about the show Exodus Decoded and that I would comment on it later. Well, Mike posted some thoughts about it here. He gives a brief overview of the history and the theories from the show. As I have also been reading Empires of the Word: A Language History of the World by Nicholas Ostler, we've been having some fascinating discussions about ancient near east history. There is so much of interest there that I want to know more about. It is a period often ignored in schools and literalistic biblical interpretation gave us a one sided view of that time (and I even studied history in college...). So its been fun discussing the ideas (yes we are nerds) and I recommend Mike's post if you are interested in the topic.

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 11:01 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:


--------------