Wednesday, January 31, 2007,2:30 PM
Baby it's cold outside...
So I'm officially sick of winter. It took until after noon today for the temperature to creep into the double digits. The whole world is gray with salt residue and dirty snow. I'm sitting here inside, with the heat on, under a blanket and I can barely feel my fingers. It's cold, it's yucky and I'm sick of it.

I want the sun back. This Texas girl wants to be warm. Maybe I'll draw a hot bath, make myself a tropical drink, grab a paperback and pretend I'm at the beach. Anything would help.

Just thought I'd complain to the world.

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 2:30 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


4 Comments:


  • At 1/31/2007 02:46:00 PM, Blogger gerbmom

    Yup - that's what I would do too. In fact, I tried it the other evening - it always works. BUT for some reason the drain isn't holding tight and the water keeps leaking out. Um - not so good. Can't use that much water....
    Sure, take away my last winter pleasure. Just adding my rant to yours. I'm tired of winter too.

     
  • At 1/31/2007 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Ted M. Gossard

    I hear you. We're freezing here in Grand Rapids. And it's only gonna get worse before it gets better!

     
  • At 2/01/2007 03:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    zAmen! I don't care what state you are from the weather stinks. The only thing that is good about this time of year is that days are getting longer. And Yokrville is going to sub artic this weekend! Aurora is going down with you. And what with blanketing everything salt. My maroon minivan is white. The streets are white, sidewalks are white. stand still long enouigh they will cover every last one of us.

     
  • At 2/01/2007 03:10:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    Yep - my maroon car is solid white as well. The high on Sunday is supposed to be 4. Makes me wish we still held church in our house - then I wouldn't have to go outside...

     
--------------