Friday, August 17, 2007,9:54 PM
Personality
So I got to spend the day wandering around a Pioneer Farm/Fun Park with a bunch of toddlers. With train rides, hay rides, and other such activities the kids had a great time. Emma decided that she liked the fake horse on the carousel better than the real pony ride horse (the carousel one apparently goes up and down in addition to going round and round) - it was a tad disturbing. So then I just got to spend a full two hours trying to get the overtired little one into bed (an hour later she is still singing songs to herself). So given that my brain is on full mush mode and can't think of any of the stuff I meant to write tonight, I'll finally get around to doing this personality test thingy I've been seeing everywhere.

Click to view my Personality Profile page

Different questions than I typically encounter, but the results are the same. While I was still in school I always tested as an INFJ, but since leaving the structured world of education I have consistently scored as an INFP. "The Dreamer. INFPs are introspective, private, creative and highly idealistic individuals that have a constant desire to be on a meaningful path. They are driven by their values and seek peace. Empathetic and compassionate, they want to help others and humanity as a whole. INFPs are imaginative, artistic and often have a talent for language and writing. They can also be described as easygoing, selfless, guarded, adaptable, patient and loyal." Accurate in many ways although that last sentence sounds more like they are describing dogs instead of people.

According to their stats, my personality is the same as the fictional characters of Anne of Green Gables and Dr. Julian Bashir of Star Trek: DS9 (my favorite ST character ever) and historical figures such as William Shakespeare, A.A. Milne, Mr. Rodgers, J.R.R. Tolkien, and apparently Mary mother of Jesus (how they figure that is beyond me). And for those of you who know him, I had to laugh that Mike's (INTJ) was the same as Gandalf and C.S. Lewis. And according to my multiple intelligences apparently my career choices should be Psychologist, Philosopher, Writer, or Theologian. Interesting.

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 9:54 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


6 Comments:


  • At 8/17/2007 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

    See... you're supposed to be a Writer!

     
  • At 8/18/2007 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Erin

    Another INFP? Wow, we are many!

    I tend to agree with your husband - I love your writing and look forward to the books you will write someday.

     
  • At 8/18/2007 04:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    free resources at:
    www.INFJ.com
    www.INFJorINFP.com

     
  • At 8/18/2007 06:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    LOL ... welcome to the INFP club ;-)

    Mike, that's exactly what my husband said when he read the description!! hehehehe ...

    Don't worry about the horse preference. I bet if you ask her some more questions, you'll also find out the real horse smelled funny or something like that. Remember, the carousel also has pretty colors and lovely music and she's such a little fantasy girl ... she was busy making up stories for herself on the carousel.

     
  • At 8/18/2007 09:57:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    Its funny that even though INFPs are found in only 2% of the general population, I personally know a lot of them. Guess we gravitate to each other...

     
  • At 8/12/2023 06:22:00 AM, Anonymous Hole Food Rescue

    Great post, much appreciate the time you took to write this

     
--------------