Friday, May 25, 2007,9:40 AM
Retreat
Spiritual retreat - the idea is to take time to reflect, get away, and focus on God. It should be a time of refreshment and growth. At least that's the idea. It's harder when you are leading these things and going crazy trying to get all the last minute details together.

Anyway, we are taking our church on a spiritual formation retreat this weekend. Our focus is our conceptions of God - reflecting on how we talk about and picture God, how that affects our relationship with God and others, how we can grow in our understanding of God, and how we can expand our ability to see God working in the world.

It should be a good time (if I can manage to get everything together for it). There's been too much on my mind stressing me out so I've not planned ahead for this weekend like I should have. So I'll be off retreating for the weekend. Hopefully it will actually be a retreat.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Julie at 9:40 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 5/25/2007 12:42:00 PM, Blogger gerbmom

    If it makes you feel any better, I am totally stressed out right now.
    And still sick...
    Hoping I can get myself together to actually leave it all behind and retreat as well. So, so distracted - need to clear my head so I can hear God this weekend. Praying for us both.....

     
  • At 5/26/2007 10:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    It is indeed the basic of seeing the reality of who you are as a human being and a creature by knowing God.

    We need to be perfected, when we attain that stature of faith that God wants us to achieve. That perfection was lost by the transgression of Adam.

    And to be perfected again, we need to start again by knowing the last Adam, Jesus. By looking back how Jesus live his life, we are given an example of how we should live our lives and be freed from sin as we were called to liberty, only use not that liberty for occasion to the flesh.

    Let us have the mind of Christ, obedient, humble in obeying God's Law. This entails living the life out of hypocrisy.

    http://elmantulaatbp.blogspot.com/2007/03/do-you-know-your-god.html

     
--------------