Friday, March 02, 2007,3:01 PM
Life update
Snapshot of my life at the moment...

Status quo with the heath stuff. I was back at the doctor today and they were surprised at the swelling and pain I am still having - so more and different drugs. Oh so much fun.

I'm spending most of my time working on stuff for the upcoming Emerging Women Midwest Gathering. Its coming together and we have a great group of women attending. There are a handful of spots still available if anyone is interested in attending. Registration is open through March 9.

I've finally got around to starting to read Peter Rollins How (not) to Speak of God (for the upcoming Emerging Women book discussion) and now I'm understanding what all the buzz has been about. This book is summarizing so many ideas I've explored over the past 6 years. It is one of the most clear portrayals of emerging postmodern thought that I have read yet. Highly recommended.

And on the completely fun level... can I express my frustration with American Idol and LOST. I still love Lost, but what's up with all the false/misleading advertising? We're still waiting to find out anything (what Jack's tattoos say wasn't the huge reveal I was hoping for). And I'm sick of the popularity contest parts of American Idol. Why get rid of people who can sing like AJ and Leslie and keep horrible singers like Antonella and Sanjaya?! It's just frustrating...

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Julie at 3:01 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 3/05/2007 03:41:00 AM, Blogger Portrait of Peter

    Distressing as it may well be, the unkown is even more so - when waiting for the solution.

    I sincerely hope your medication can be regulated and prognosis diagnosed.

    You have a wealth of talent - which I find indeed refreshing and your sharing shows such a caring approach - which sadly is not often found in today's society.

    Every good wishes.

     
  • At 3/05/2007 09:14:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Hope you are diagnosed soon and back up to full speed! On the totally fun part, I'm a HUGE latecomer to the party that is American Idol. This is my first season ever following it, and I must say, I TOTALLY agree with you! While Leslie and AJ may not have been the top singers, they CERTAINLY beat out Antonella and Sanjaya! What is up with that?!?! :)

     
  • At 3/05/2007 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    Thanks for the support!

     
--------------