Friday, October 13, 2006,11:26 AM
I'm back - or how the President and Bono kept me up all night...
Hey all - so I'm back from the Emergent Gathering in New Mexico. It was a great event and a very refreshing time. I found it very freeing to be around like minded people who could go deep in conversations. Not having to spend the entire conversation defining terms or defending why I'm not a heretic was a blessing since we could then talk about stuff that actually mattered. Anyway, a lot of great stuff happened and I promise to share more later - but I need time to process and recover from a physicaly, mentally, and emotionally intense week (as well as a late night last night).

Yesterday was a bit crazy. I flew back from NM yesterday and was lucky enough to get on an earlier standby flight. Well all flights into Chicago were delayed over 3 hours. Our pilot told us it was because of high winds and the travel reports on Orbitz blamed it on high congestion. People on the ground in Chicago said there were no winds. So we knew something was up. A flight attending finally told us that the real issue was that Air Force One was on the runway and no planes could land. Apparently Bush and Bono were meeting on the plane on the runway and shutting down the busiest airport in the country for a few hours!!! So planes all over the country were delayed, people missed their connections, the airlines had to spend tons of money in vouchers for new flights and hotels so they could have a meeting on the freaking runway. Not only that but apparently the policy of TSA is to LIE to the public about the real reason their flight is delayed. Needless to say it was a late night - if I hadn't gotten on the "early" flight I wouldn't have made it home until after 4am if at all.

Anyway - just had to share about that since I'm still too tired to really think and reflect. More will come later!

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 11:26 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 10/13/2006 12:24:00 PM, Blogger gerbmom

    Welcome back Julie -
    Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you are not so tired!

     
  • At 10/13/2006 01:40:00 PM, Blogger Sue Densmore

    I am anxiously awaiting posts about your trip.

    I'm so sorry you had such a tough time traveling back. If I were president...

    Oh yeah - I don't have enough money to be president.

     
  • At 10/14/2006 01:30:00 PM, Blogger Warren

    Hey Julie. Good to meet you in Glorietta. Looking forward to your reflections. Sorry to hear that W kept you up. Let's pray that the time was productive and that Bono got through to him!

    Blessings,

    Warren Pattison
    Tampa FL

     
--------------