Thursday, August 30, 2007,9:16 PM
Priestess Clawson Responds
And now for today's entertainment... The anti-emergent mafia strikes again granting me a place of honor (dubious though it may be). Over at the fairly new diatribe of hate entitled Wonky73 - A Crazy Man's Utopia (I am so not kidding) the author lists offenders guilty of "emergy oozy chaos." After reading the trashing the Open Source Theology blog and Emerging Women, I came across a rather amusing description of myself (isn't it lovely what strangers can tell you about yourself?) Anyway, here is what I discovered about myself, starting with the end of the reaction to the Emerging Women blog -

Clearly, this is a blog of people moving down the train tracks of apostasy. Once you’ve removed the scriptural authority the gates are blown wide open for every kind of error to flood in.
Down those tracks, deeper and deeper, we go where in we find (strap in and hang on folks) the Onehandclapping blog. This can be a very frightening place, if you don’t have experience in radical liberal theology. The writer describes herself as: (read my blog profile)

As an aside it’s sad to see Wheaton’s fallen so far as to produce a person like this. A quick perusal of her blog makes it clear. She is a radical liberal femi-nazi. No concern for God or the scriptures will be found here. She’s far to concerned with spreading a feminist agenda, babbling nonsense about social justice, eating ethically, and buying a “just” bra. Most importantly she holds a special contempt for the scriptures and their authority.
Gotta admit I had fun writing this. Let’s finish with a flourish of quotes from Priestess Clawson: (recent quotes from my posts).


Wow - Priestess. Now that's just too fun. But honestly this serves as the perfect example of the fear I see around us these days. The fear that criticizes a group of women for reading a book that some disagree with (because reading something one disagrees with could be dangerous). And to utterly reject any form whatsoever of social justice and environmentalism - I just don't get it anymore. I understand tempered limited forms of caring for people and caring for God's creation, but to reject and mock them entirely? What sort of theology encourages that? This message of fear and hatred is wrapped in Christian language and baptised by Christian theology. This my friends is the church. And people still ask why we emergents think things need to change...

Labels: ,

 
posted by Julie at 9:16 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


10 Comments:


  • At 8/31/2007 05:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow ... so now shopping is Biblically mandated. Hmm ... I'd love to get the scriptural references that show me where it says that I even *have* to wear a bra. Since they weren't invented til the 1900's.

    I think I'm going bra-less from now on in protest.

    What a tork ... he could at least get his history right.

     
  • At 8/31/2007 08:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow, I'm sorry that you are dealing with this. That really stinks.

    I did say it was dangerous to read scripture the way the book was advocating, and I still do believe that... but you deserve respect. Disagreements should be handled by speaking the truth in love to another person who is as much made in the image of God as you are.

    Clearly that's not what was done.
    Christians like the one who attacked you give our Creator a bad name, and I hate that most of all.

    Again, it wasn't even me, but let me tell you that I'm sorry.

    Peace,
    julieH

     
  • At 8/31/2007 09:40:00 AM, Blogger dave

    Haha... I liked how "social justice" = "communist."

    I think he needs to read up on what communism really is. And what social justice is. And what the Bible says about justice.

     
  • At 8/31/2007 09:43:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    I do find it amusing how the entry there has changed since I posted this yesterday...

     
  • At 8/31/2007 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Erin

    Honestly Julie, it made me laugh. What a great example of the anti-emerging faction. I loved the comment "bras soaked in pesticide burn better..." Seriously, thanks for being willing to take the heat...us liberal feminist nazi's need a voice like yours.

     
  • At 8/31/2007 05:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You should consider yourself blessed - I'd love to be prominent enough for someone to rip on me like that :)

     
  • At 9/01/2007 08:22:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    Paul - I think it has more to do with google searches than anything else!

    Kay - "feminazi" is one of those words I really can't stand. I've come to see it as being on par with some of the worst hate-filled racial insults. People who use language like that really aren't capable of much else if they have gone that far in their hatred and fear of women.

     
  • At 9/04/2007 06:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Julie, this comment is nothing more than the old argumentum ad hominem. Rather than respond to your comments with well-reasoned, well-structured arguments, this person simply attacks your persona. We see it all the time in politics (e.g., attack ads). It's unfortunate, but that's the way things are.

    But it probably means that this commentator can't come up with any well-reasoned, well-structured arguments, so the resort to the ad hominem approach is a sort of grasping for straws. His comments really reveal a lot more about him than about you.

    SO be blessed!

    Peace,

     
  • At 9/09/2007 08:12:00 PM, Blogger Rachel

    Julie, I'm so sorry that you are being insulted in this way. I know how it feels. Several months ago I was called an "environazi" by a man in my Sunday School class at church. We finally left that church and we are in a much better place now.

    Keep speaking out, Julie! There are a lot of us who support you and appreciate you!

     
  • At 9/11/2007 02:31:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    Ah Ken Silva - fun and games there. I assume Phil was talking about other people since we have never met and I haven't been called Jules in a long time.

     
--------------