Thursday, October 18, 2007,7:13 PM
Garden Harvest
Maybe I just don't know much about gardening (which is true), but it seems strange to me that I'm still getting produce from my garden in mid-October in Illinois. And it's not just the winter squash either. I'm still picking chard, tomatoes, peppers, and summer squash. I'm not complaining about the food, I made a really yummy chili tonight with those tomatoes and peppers. But mid-October? We usually have our first snow by now.

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 7:13 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 10/18/2007 11:21:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

    Well it couldn't possibly be a result of global warming. Everyone knows that's just a hoax. ;-)

     
  • At 10/19/2007 09:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    My memory of the summer-fall-winter transition in the Chicago suburbs: hot and humid end of summer weather lasting into mid or late September, followed by a week to ten days of mild fall weather, after which the arctic winds blow through, the leaves turn brown and fall off the trees in the space of about a day and a half, and the six-month winter has arrived.

     
--------------