Tuesday, August 22, 2006,8:59 PM
Book Survey
I've been tagged for this Book Survey thing. So here are my answers:

1.One book that changed your life: A New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren

2.One book that you’ve read more than once: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

3.One book you’d want on a desert island: The Complete Works of Shakespeare

4.One book that made you laugh: The Girlfriends Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood by Vicki Iovine

5.One book that made you cry: The Shaping of a Life by Phyllis Tickle

6.One book you wish had been written: The Influences of Zoroastrianism on Christianity

7.One book you wish had never been written: The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman

8.One book you’re currently reading: The Coming of the Son of Man by Andrew Perriman

9.One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

10.One book you’d like to write: Women as Creators – Mothers, Writers, Artists, Leaders

Now tag 5 people: MonacaThomas , Lydia Schoch, Sarah Notton, Brigitte Barnett, Char Wyncoop

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 8:59 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


6 Comments:


  • At 8/25/2006 12:38:00 PM, Blogger gerbmom

    The Secret Life of Bees - I have this if you want to borrow it.....

     
  • At 8/26/2006 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    sounds good

     
  • At 8/27/2006 07:37:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    Hey, I've been tagged!

    I just noticed it this morning. we had computer problems recently that reduced my surfing time. They're (hopefully) fixed now. :)

     
  • At 8/29/2006 02:30:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Hello, Julie! It's been awhile since we met at the reGathering, but I really enjoyed meeting you and was so encouraged by the things you contributed to our discusstions there. I've been reading the (f)emergent blog you began but haven't had the chance to contribute since I've been so busy with my own blog and things with The Dwelling Place. Just for fun, my answers:
    1. Captivating by Stasi Eldredge
    2. The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
    3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
    4. Couplehood & Babyhood both by Paul Reiser (of Mad About You--TV series)
    5. The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
    6. How to Mother Little Boys without Smothering Them (I'd love to see Stasi Eldredge tackle this one!)
    7. not sure...
    8. Unfortunately, don't have one
    9. Not sure...so many to pick from.
    10. Who knows...maybe number 6 if I figure it out and Stasi doesn't jump on it. :-)

     
  • At 8/29/2006 02:30:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Hello, Julie! It's been awhile since we met at the reGathering, but I really enjoyed meeting you and was so encouraged by the things you contributed to our discusstions there. I've been reading the (f)emergent blog you began but haven't had the chance to contribute since I've been so busy with my own blog and things with The Dwelling Place. Just for fun, my answers:
    1. Captivating by Stasi Eldredge
    2. The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
    3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
    4. Couplehood & Babyhood both by Paul Reiser (of Mad About You--TV series)
    5. The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
    6. How to Mother Little Boys without Smothering Them (I'd love to see Stasi Eldredge tackle this one!)
    7. not sure...
    8. Unfortunately, don't have one
    9. Not sure...so many to pick from.
    10. Who knows...maybe number 6 if I figure it out and Stasi doesn't jump on it. :-)

     
  • At 8/30/2006 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    Hey Cary, good to hear from you. I like your answers!

     
--------------