Thursday, December 08, 2005,11:09 PM
chocolate crap
So for the last day or so I have been attempting to make holiday goodies with chocolate and have had mixed results. Recipes that I've never had issues with before went seriously wrong and (sin of sins) I have ruined a decent amount of chocolate. For example - I made three batches of fudge with differing results (none of which were the outcome I was looking for). One batch is a smooth truffle like candy - yummy, but not really fudge like. Another batch is very soft with toffee like consistency. Then the final batch is brick hard. Then I was melting chocolate to dip things in (like nilla wafers and pretzels) and one batch burnt. It makes no sense given that I did everything exactly the same for every batch! Anyway, so we had this mass of burnt chocolate with peppermint undertones and I was getting quite upset about how I kept ruining the chocolate. So we started playing with the chocolate and since it looked pretty much like a giant turd, Mike took it outside and dumped it in the snow (see picture below). So there is a very large turd-like piece of burnt peppermint chocolate in our yard which was really silly at the moment but yeah.... anyway the point is I need to stop making crap and actually get some edible stuff made sometime soon!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Julie at 11:09 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 1/09/2006 11:53:00 PM, Blogger J. M. Richards

    I followed your link on the Ooze forums....just so you know.
    I also tried my hand at fudge this year and failed miserably. Next year I will stick to cookies.
    And BTW, I saw in your profile the you like the book "The Hereo and The Crown." It is the only Robin McKinnley book I've read so far, but I really liked it. Ta ta!

     
  • At 8/05/2011 03:19:00 AM, Anonymous Prom Dresses

    Apart from the usual gossip about who's invited whom, another major topic of discussion among girls is prom dresses, cheap homecoming dresses, prom dresses uk and short prom dresses! Girls begin planning their costumes months prior to the event. If you want to know where you can buy your beautiful prom dresses 2012 or bridesmaid dresses, have a look at rs2shopping.

     

Links to this post:

Create a Link

--------------